Do you want to learn the basic principles of comedy?
Would you like to learn how easy it is to be funny?
Would you like to gain confidence in public speaking?
Would you like to learn how to write comedy?
Would you like tips for performing in front of a live crowd?
After 15 years of performing comedy at the major UK and European comedy clubs across the UK (Comedy Store, Big Night Out, 99 Club, The Stand Up Club etc.) award winning (Edinburgh Festival 2011) comedian Mike Manera has devised a course help anyone and everyone find their inner funny self.
Over six two hour evening sessions Mike will cover everything you need to know to start performing stand-up comedy.
From finding your creative inspiration to learning the building blocks of jokes this comedy course will help you become a better writer and performer.
This course offers a unique opportunity to find out what a comedian’s job is like. Be warned, though: many who thought they were just doing the classes to improve their confidence or increase their public speaking skills have been bitten by the comedy bug and have given up their day jobs.
The course is very successful at uncovering the individual’s unique comic voice. The teaching breaks down into three basic areas:
- Performance exercises designed at encouraging spontaneity, creativity and developing your own comic style.
- Writing games and homework, with group feedback and tutor led suggestions to help you build up a sense of comedic grammar and hone up your writing skills.
- Solo work where the student’s writing, stage performance and technique is put under the microscope.
Broken down in to a little more detail, this will include…
- Microphone and stage technique.
- Writing & structuring comedy.
- Dealing with hecklers & audience in general.
- Beating nerves and relaxing on stage.
By the end of the course you will know how to write jokes and will have the confidence to stand up on your own and make a group of total strangers laugh.
The course finishes with a non-compulsory showcase where students get to show off 5 minutes of stand-up material to friends, family and the public at a specially arranged comedy gig.
To find out more please email email@example.com or call Mike on 07753 288132
Next Course: Starts Wednesday 25 September at 8pm.
£50 non-refundable deposit to reserve your space. Please note that places are limited.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mike on 07753 288132